We are recruiting a Beach Volleyball Performance Director to build on the national program’s recent successes and help take athletes to the next level.
This exciting opportunity has been made possible thanks to the support of the FIVB through its Empowerment Fund and comes weeks after the Bello Brothers won an historic bronze medal for England at the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The Beach Volleyball Performance Director is a 12-month fixed-term role to shape and implement a high-performance program within England at junior and senior level, ultimately working towards achieving even greater success on the world stage.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience coaching beach volleyball in a high-performance setting. They will have knowledge and understanding of the English game and, ideally, hold a Volleyball England Level 3 or equivalent coaching award.
Please read the full job description for more information. Please note this is an employed role. The successful candidate will not sit on the Board of Directors.
The Volleyball England beach volleyball performance program continues to go from strength to strength. Here are just some of the recent highlights:
- 8 Medals on the World Tour/Beach Pro Tour between 2019-present (Ellie Austin & Anaya Evans, bronze; Jess Grimson & Vicky Palmer, bronze; Javier & Joaquin Bello, 3 x bronze, 1 gold; Issa Batrane & Freddie Bialokoz, 2 x bronze)
- Gold at the 2017 Youth Commonwealth Games (Javier & Joaquin Bello)
- Gold at the 2017 U17 NEVZA Championships (Javier & Joaquin Bello)
- Gold at the 2019 U19 NEVZA Championships (Ellie Austin & Katie Keefe) and bronze in the U17 competition (Isabelle Tucker & Lisa Canevari)
- 2 x Gold at a 2022 Small Countries Association Zonal (Harry Jones & Niko Gleed; Katie Keefe & Isabelle Tucker)
- 2 x Gold at the 2022 NEVZA Beach Championships (Daisy Mumby & Jess Grimson; Javier & Joaquin Bello), plus a silver (Issa Batrane & Freddie Bialokoz)
- Bronze at the 2022 Commonwealth Games (Javier & Joaquin Bello)
Do you believe you can help us achieve even greater success as we work towards more medals on the world stage and advance on Paris 2024 and Victoria 2026?
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate to [email protected] The closing date is 5pm on Friday, 23rd September 2022.
Please send any questions about the role to Jake Sheaf, Volleyball England Board Director, via [email protected]
Photo: Steve Smith.