The La Jolla Light presents this continuous series of online activities that you can do on your computer or tablet, as well as your home events.
Lessons and learning
• La Jolla Community Center provides Investment Club at 2pm Thursday 7th April, online. The new monthly team is designed to provide tips and tricks for investing and growing your finances to a certified fundraiser John Weinstein. Free.ljcommunitycenter.org
• The nonprofit Mended Hearts of San Diego offers a heart health interview 10 a.m. Saturday, April 9, Online and at San Diego Cardiac Center, 2nd floor, 3131 Berger Ave. Dr. Nassir Azimi will talk about intermittent heart disease. Free. Email email@example.com for the Zoom link.
• The Pencil Writing Team on Paper held 1pm Thursday La Jolla / Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave. The weekly team is open to 18 or more authors of all levels of experience. Free. (858) 552-1657
Families and children
• The Contemporary Art San Diego Museum will host “Prebys Play Day” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, April 10, at 700 Prospect St., La Jolla. The event will feature crafts and games, as well as travel. The free event will repeat the second Sunday of each month.mcasd.org/events/prebys-play-day-april-2022
• La Jolla / Riford Library and Toshwerks are available “Spring into STEAM: DIY Inspirational Herb Terracotta Mini-Garden” 4pm Tuesday, April 12. This activity, aimed at children aged 9-12, will give participants the opportunity to create and color their own terracotta pot and grow herbal seeds in natural soil. Free. Registration required. lajollalibrary.org
Health and wellness
• La Jolla Cove Bridge Club presents gifts “Breath, Bones and Equality” at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday 12 April, 1160 Coast Blvd. Jaruska Solyova will lead the health training. $ 25. Reservations are recommended. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buddhi Yoga provides “Zen Soul Balance Sound Bath by Jeny Dawson” 6:30 pm Friday, April 15, at 7843 Girard Ave., La Jolla. $ 55. buddhiyogalj.com
Arts and culture
• Tasende Gallery offers an open welcome for it Mark ka Suveroexhibition at 5pm Thursday, April 7, at 820 Prospect St., La Jolla. The exhibition of painted metal sculptures along with the paintings begins on Saturday, April 9, and continues until Saturday, June 25. tasendegallery.com
• UC San Diego Visual Arts Department provides guest talk and Carolina Caycedo at 1pm Friday 8th April, online. Caycedo is a multi-talented musician best known for his performances, videos, art books, sculptures and works that explore environmental and social issues. Free. bit.ly/ucsdapril8
• Warwick Bookstore, Book Passage, Book Soup, Third Place Books and Rakestraw Books Harlan Coben 5pm Friday 8th April, online. Coben will discuss his new book, “The Match,” in an interview with author Kristin Hannah. $ 29 upwards; includes a copy of the book. warwicks.com/event/coben-2022
• The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library continues with its three concerts Acoustic Evening Series with Jefferson Jay at 7:30 pm Friday, April 8, at 1008 Wall St., La Jolla. The second episode in the series, organized and hosted by San Diego Music Hall of Fame founder Jay, will feature Jay and Michael James, Whitney Shay, and Trails and Rails. The series ends on Friday, April 29, with Lisa Sanders, Sutton James, Yale Strom and Jeff Pekarek. $ 15 per concert for Athenaeum members; $ 20 for non-members. ljathenaeum.org/acoustics
• Gifts at Beaumont Restaurant Dude Cervantes le Panchos at the concert at 9pm Friday 8th April, 5662 La Jolla Blvd., La Jolla. Free. (858) 459-0474
• The Contemporary Art Museum in San Diego will host a public eventthe reopening is large from 9:45 am to 8pm Saturday, April 9, at 700 Prospect St., La Jolla. The event will begin with cutting the ribbon and include a tour of the design, guided works and fun music. Visitmcasd.org/reopening for free tickets.
• The La Jolla Theater Ensemble presents gifts “The Price” 2 pm Saturday 9th April, La Jolla / Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave., and 7:30 pm Monday 11th April, St. Mary’s Parish Hall James by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 743 Prospect St. The Arthur Miller game series will feature Jamie Newcomb, Eva Barnes, John Tessmer and Steve Schlam. $ 10 donation offer.
• Warwick Bookstore offers a writer Beverley Whitaker Rodgers Sunday afternoon, April 10, 7812 Girard Ave., La Jolla. Rodgers will sign his book “Reflections from Box 150: Challenges of Childhood Growth at the US Farmers’ Farm Station near Torrey Pines, La Jolla, California.” Free.
• Bodhi Tree Concerts offers Aviara Trio at 4 pm Sunday 10 April, St. James by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 743 Prospect St., La Jolla. The concert will feature violinist Robert Schumitzky, violinist Erin Breene and pianist Ines Irawati who play classical and modern music. $ 30. bodhitreeconcerts.org
• The Music Salon “Masterpieces — Love Slavonic” at 4pm Sunday, April 10, at La Jolla Woman’s Club, 7791 Draper Ave. The program will feature Mendelssohn and Dvorak works by flute artist Yueun Kim, viola player Erik Rynearson, cellist Michael Kaufman and piano Samuel Glicklich. $ 95. LeSalondeMusiques.com
• Point Loma Playhouse presents Charles Ludlam’s “An Artificial Invention,” conducted by La Jollan Robert Salerno, until Sunday 10th April, 3035 Talbot St., Point Loma. The player includes La Jollan Dori Salois. $ 22. pointlomaplayhouse.com
• La Jolla Presbyterian Church donates “After Masters: Four Gospels in Collage” until Sunday 10th April, 7715 Draper Ave. The exhibition features mixed media images of artist Karen Sangren. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Sundays, 10 a.m. to noon on Monday, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m. to noon on Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday morning. Free.
• The San Diego Repertory Theater continues for the second year of the year Black Word Reading Series and “Reparations” by Darren Canady at 5:30 pm Monday, April 11, online. R. Eric Thomas’ “Backing Track” will be released on April 18, at the Lyceum Theater, 79 Horton Plaza, San Diego. Pay what you can.sdrep.org/blackvoices
• La Jolla Community Center provides lectures Dr. Dilip Ee at 4pm Tuesday, April 12, at 6881 La Jolla Blvd. A psychiatrist and director of the UC San Diego Center for Aging will discuss his new book, “Wisdom: The Roots of the Science of Wisdom, Compassion and What Makes Us Good.” Free for Community Center members; $ 15 for non-members. ljcommunitycenter.org
• La Jolla Community Center provides lectures Opera Wednesday on 7pm April 13 to 6881 La Jolla Blvd. The concerts, held on the second Wednesday of each month, featured the winners of the past and present Metropolitan Opera Competition, active San Diego Opera dancers and former tourist artists sing all over the world. $ 10- $ 20 recommended donation. Registration required. ljcommunitycenter.org
• La Jolla artist Edna Pines exhibits her paintings of seas, birds, flowers, and other landscapes.“Many of Our Shadows”until Sunday 17th April, at BFree Studio, 7857 Girard Ave., La Jolla. Free.bfreestudio.net
• La Jolla Playhouse presents gifts“Bhangin ‘It: A Bangin’ New Musical”until Sunday 17th April, Mandell Weiss Theater, 2910 La Jolla Village Drive. $ 25 and up. lajollaplayhouse.org
• Athenaeum Music & Arts Library offers three exhibitions until Saturday, April 30, 1008 Wall St., La Jolla.“Combining known / current not then,”featuring two- and three-dimensional works by Northern California artists Lynn Criswell and Michael Bishop, inside the Clayes Gallery;“Endless Light,”divine sculptures combined with worldly pop art by Lenore Hughes, in the Rotunda Gallery; le“Liminality,”art books by Niki de Saint Phalle, by Max & Melissa Elliott North Reading Room. Free. ljathenaeum.org/current-exhibitions
• Quint Gallery Gifts“Bounteous: A Group Show”until Saturday 21 May, at 7655 and 7722 Girard Ave., La Jolla. The exhibition features many artists in the Quint Gallery exhibited over the years, with techniques that include California light and space, photography, painting and sculpture. Free. quintgallery.com
Glasses and events
• Preuss School on the UC San Diego Campus produces annuallyPreuss Promiseparty 6 pm Friday, April 22, at San Diego Marriott La Jolla Hotel, 4240 La Jolla Village Drive. The event will bring together philanthropists and community leaders from San Diego, including UCSD Chancellor Pradeep Khosla. $ 550 upwards. Sign up for Friday, April 8th.bit.ly/PreussPromise2022
Do you have an event – online or in person – that you would like to see there? Send your guide to email@example.com. ◆