Shakur Stevenson will be headlining tonight against Robson Conceicao on ESPN at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The action starts for the main portion of the card at 10:00 pm ET.
Boxing 247 will be giving live updates & results below of tonight’s action.
- Undefeated junior middleweight prospect Pablo Valdez (7-0, 6 KOs) stopped Noe Alejandro Lopez (11-6-1, 4 KOs) in the fourth round. Lopez was knocked down once in the third and twice more in the fourth. The time of the stoppage was 2:45.
- Undefeated welterweight prospect Jahir Tucker (9-0, 5 KOs) beat Jose Luis Sanchez (11-3-1, 4 KOs) by an eight round unanimous decision. The judges’ scores were 80-72, 80-72, and 79-73.
- Featherweight Misael Lopez (14-1, 5 KOs) defeated Orlando Gonzalez (18-2, 11 KOs) by an eight round unanimous decision. The judges scored 78-74, 79-73, and 77-75.
- Super bantamweight prospect Floyd Diaz (7-0, 2 KOs) beat Juan Hernandez (2-2-1, 0 KOs) by a six-round unanimous decision. The 19-year-old Diaz dropped Hernandez in the third round. The scores were 58-55, 58-55, and 59-54.
- Jaylan Phillips (1-2-2, 1 KO) and Antoine Cobb (1-0-2, 1 KOs) fought to a disappointing four round draw in welterweight action.
Stevenson (18, 9 KOs) lost his WBC & WBO super featherweight titles on the scales on Thursday after weighing in at 131.6 lbs. He says he gave it his best shot to take off the 1.6 lbs, but he couldn’t do it.
As a result, the two belts will be available for Conceicao (17-1, 8 KOs) to win tonight, but not Shakur.
Stevenson had been planning on announcing that he’ll be moving up to 135 after his fight with Conceicao, but after missing weight, he announced his plans ahead of time.
“Once you sit in the tub and you see .4, and you’ve a whole pound left, you know right there that you can’t get to that weight,” said Shakur Stevenson to ESPN about his efforts to make weight for Thursday’s weigh-in.
Shakur Stevenson vs. Robson Conceicao
Keyshawn Davis vs. Omar Tienda
Henry Lebron vs. Andy Vence
Bruce Carrington vs. Jose Argel
Pablo Valdez vs. Noe Alejandro Lopez
Jahi Tucker vs. Jose Luis Sanchez
Orlando Gonzalez vs. Misael Lopez
Floyd Diaz vs. Juan Hernandez
Antoine Cobb vs. Jaylan Phillips
“I spoke to my grandfather; I spoke to James Prince and Antonio Leonard. Everyone agreed with me. I told them, ‘I don’t think I can get to this weight. I put everything in my power.’
“They were right there with me for some of it, so they actually got to see the weight cutting process. They agreed with me and told me that I shouldn’t put my health at risk trying to do something that really can’t be done.
“I know I did everything in my power to try and get to the weight. I just couldn’t. There’s nothing else,” said Shakur when asked if there was anything else he could have done to make weight. “When your body won’t create no sweat.
“That’s how you’re going to lose weight with the water that comes out of you. That, I worked out. There was nothing else I could have done. I ran, I worked out, and I got in the hot tub. I did so many different things in trying to make weight. My life is more important,” said Shakur.