UNIVERSITY PARK, PA.- Penn State will face Akron at home for their 9thTh match of the season this Sunday. The Nittany Lions will honor their nine seniors in a ceremony following the game, set to kick off at 4:00 pm the match will be streamed on B1G + with the stream continuing for the ceremony post-game.
vs. No. 15 Akron
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022 | Time: 4:00 pm ET
- Location: University Park, Pa. | Venue: Jeffrey Field
- Live Stats | Watch: B1G+ ($) | Notes
- Admission: Free
Parking for all Penn State Athletics’ non-football events will require a valid permit or payment of the applicable parking fee for campus lots. Fans with valid Penn State University Park parking permits will be permitted to park at non-football athletics events for free, following Transportation Services parking policies and access.
For men’s soccer games, fans are asked to park in the Jordan East, Stadium West or Porter North lots. Fans without a permit are encouraged to prepay for event parking at a discounted rate of $5.50 through ParkMobile – https://psu.parkmobile.io/. Prepayment is available through 11:59 pm the day prior to each event. Event day parking will be $10 per vehicle and is cash only/can be purchased on the ParkMobile app. The East Deck is also available for most events for $1 per hour.
Due to an event on Sunday night, parking will increase to $20 cash only beginning at 5:00 pm Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets ahead of the game on the ParkMobile app.
Parking for all non-football athletics events is managed by Penn State Transportation Services. For more information or questions, visit transportation.psu.edu or email [email protected]
Last Time Out
- Penn State tied for No. 9 Maryland with a 3-3 final score earning one point on the road.
- Junior Femi Awodesu scored his goal of the season. Seth Kuhn and Sean Bettenhausen were credited with the assists
- Forward Peter Mangione scored a goal, striking the ball from outside the box into the top right corner of the net to give the Nittany Lions a 2-1 lead at halftime.
- Tiger Evans scored his first goal of the season on a penalty kick to tie the score at 3-3.
- Chris Shakes saved seven Terrapin shots
Nittany Lions vs. Most Recent Zips
- The most recent Penn State-Akron match up resulted in a 1-2 loss for the Nittany Lions.
- Penn State’s single goal was scored by alumni Dax Hoffman via Seth Kuhn’s assist in the 82n.d minutes.
- This week, Akron is ranked 15Th in the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
- Sophomores Dyson Clapier and Jason Shokalook earned MAC Player of the Week and were recognized by College Soccer News National Team of the Week.
- Both teams tied their opponents 3-3 in their last matches.