NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 11, 2022) – Nashville Soccer Club extended its home unbeaten streak to 25 matches in all competitions with a scoreless draw against the San Jose Earthquakes in front of 28,672 fans at GEODIS Park on Saturday night.
One Shy Of Top Five: Nashville SC extended its home unbeaten streak in the regular season to 22 matches, the sixth longest in MLS history. The Boys in Gold are one shy result of tying LA Galaxy and Colorado Rapids for fifth all-time.
Joe Says No X6: Nashville SC goalkeeper Joe Willis recorded a season high six saves and is one shy of tying a career-high for saves in a match.
Chances Were There: Nashville SC earned an expected goals number of 1.35 compared to San Jose’s 0.55. MLS Best XI Midfielder Hany Mukhtar led all Nashville players tonight in shots (5) and chances created (5).
National Stage Continues: Nashville SC continues its stretch of three consecutive matches on national television this next Sunday, June 19 against Sporting Kansas City on FS1 and Fox Deportes from GEODIS Park. Limited tickets are available by visiting https://www.nashvillesc.com/tickets/.
- Nashville SC:
- has gone 25 home matches straight unbeaten across all competitions with 22 MLS Regular Season, two Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and one US Open Cup. The unbetaen streak dates back to Nov. 4, 2020
- is 5W-1L-3D in their last nine matches across all competitions
- has recorded two shutouts at GEODIS Park
- is now 4W-4L-3D against the Western Conference this season
- has tied against San Jose in their two ever meetings
- attempted 23 crosses tonight
- missed scoring at home for the first time since May 2, 2021
- owns a 1W-1L-2D record all-time in the month of June
- Tah Brian Anunga has led Nashville SC to a 19W-6L-24D record in his appearances
- Dan Lovitz led the team in completed passes (40) and was tied for the team lead with Alex Muyl with 10 recoveries
- Alex Muyl led Nashville SC in touches with 76
- Dax McCarty appeared in his 422nd career MLS regular season match
- Hany Mukhtar leads MLS in shots (55) and shots on target (31)
- Joe Willis recorded his 44th career MLS shutout tonight
Nashville SC (6W-4L-5D, 23 pts.) Vs. San Jose Earthquakes (3W-6L-6D, 15 pts.)
June 11, 2022 – GEODIS Park
SJ: Eric Remedi (caution) 67 ‘
NSH: Tah Brian Anunga (caution) 75 ‘
SJ: Judson (caution) 83 ‘
SJ: Paul Marie (caution) 89 ‘
NSH: Joe Willis, Daniel Lovitz, Jack Maher, Eric Miller, Taylor Washington, Dax McCarty © (Tah Brian Anunga 70 ‘), Hany Mukhtar, Alex Muyl, Luke Haakenson (Aké Loba 60’), Sean Davis, CJ Sapong
Unused Substitutes: Ethan Zubak, Ahmed Longmire, Josh Bauer, Elliot Panicco, Will Meyer
SJ: JT Marcinkowski ©, Paul Marie (Jack Skahan 90 + 4 ‘), Nathan, Tanner Beason, Tommy Thompson, Eric Remedi (Judson 76’) Jan Gregus, Jamiro Monteiro, Cristian Espinoza (Shea Salinas 79 ‘), Jeremy Ebbobisse, Cade Cowell (Benji Kikanovic 76 ‘)
Weather: Clear, 86 degrees Unused Substitutes: Matt Bersano, Jackson Yueill, Will Richmond, Oskar Agren, Casey Walls